05 November, 2012

President Barack Obama

My grandfather always used to tell me, "Never tell people how much you earn, or who you vote for", and he was very committed to that. With the American Presidential Election taking place tomorrow, and the British media currently reporting that the candidates are 'neck and neck' ,as an American citizen (I have dual nationality, British-American) I feel it is important to pledge my support publicly, to the current President Barack Obama.

I support Obama because - under President Obama:

There has been 32 straight months of job growth, creating just under 5.5 million private sector jobs

Obamacare has helped 5.6 million senior citizens and people with disabilities to better afford prescription drugs, and children with pre-existing conditions will no longer be denied coverage

President Obama recognises that women's healthcare choices are personal decisions, to be made with her doctor, without interference from employers or politicians

Funding for Pell Grants was doubled and Obama established a college tax credit which helped 9 million students and families save money for tuition in the past year

President Obama has signed 18 tax cuts for small businesses

The American auto industry was rescued from the brink of collapse, saving 1 million jobs

President Obama signed the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, to help women fight against pay discrimination

Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed, and he supports marriage equality (although I'd like him to go the whole hog and make it legal...)

And finally... First Lady Michelle Obama is in my opinion the most fabulous first lady ever.



The thought of Mitt Romney winning America's vote genuinely terrifies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog - please leave me a message with your thoughts!

Liv xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...