13 November, 2011

We Shall Remember Them

Armistice Day was this week, a day which is close to my heart, being the child of an Air Force Veteran.

I think it is a really important day in history, and I have strong feelings about commemorating it with a two minute silence for all the fallen heroes, and supporting the troops even in a small way by buying and wearing a poppy.

Last year I went a step further by sending a message to the troops on Armistice Day last year, it is a small gesture but I think it is important that the brave young men, and women, feel supported by people back home in the country they are giving their lives to protect.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, and it really only takes a minute, here's the link to do this:

http://www.poppy.org.uk/remembrance/our-heroes-messageboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog - please leave me a message with your thoughts!

Liv xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...